IODOSORB™ Cadexomer Iodine Ointment
Iodosorb* ointment is a sterile formulation of cadexomer iodine. When applied to the wound, Iodosorb cleans it by absorbing fluids, removing exudate, pus and debris and forming a gel over the wound surface. As the ointment swells, iodine is released, killing bacteria in the wound.
- Iodosorb ointment contains 50% cadexomer iodine and 50% ointment base.
- Iodosorb changes colour from brown to yellow when the dressing requires changing.
- Helps promote wound healing
- Effectively removes pus and debris
- Helps promote a clean wound-healing environment
- Gel formed over the wound helps to facilitate moist healing
- Accelerated healing rates can lead to earlier patient discharges